You've no doubt heard about how big of a deal your credit score is when it comes to buying a house. That is why this post is about improving your credit score and I am going to give you 6 ways to do
6 Ways to Boost Your Credit Score Before Buying a Home
Dated: March 27 2023
You've no doubt heard about how big of a deal your credit score is when it comes to buying a house. That is why this post is about improving your credit score and I am going to give you 6 ways to do that!
Your credit score is the first thing that gets checked when you kick-off the buying process, and your score dictates if you get approved and how much it will cost you to borrow the money you need.
A good score means lower interest and more options when finding a credit provider, while a not-so-good number can make things very challenging or even prevent you from buying.
So how exactly do you ensure that your credit scores are sharp before hunting for a new home?
Here are the six bulletproof tips that will have your score moving in the right direction in no time!
- Clear your overdue debts straight out the gate.
- Get your hands on a copy of your credit reports to see exactly what shape your credit is in.
- Find credit report issues and fix them. Credit report errors affect more than 1 in 5 people, so make sure there are no errors on your report.
- Keep your accounts open—even the ones you haven't used for a while or don't plan to use. Paid-up accounts are taken into consideration too, including the dormant ones.
- Try to manage your credit by using no more than 30% of each individual credit limit. This may be tough, but good utilization shows lenders you know how to manage your debt.
Resist adding new debt and absolutely no big purchases. You're about to borrow a considerable sum, so keep the new debt column clear for a couple of months.
For more information about getting your credit in the best shape, reach out to me for a complimentary chat. We have a loan specialist on our team waiting to serve our clients.
Before Holly Montilla became a REALTOR®, she worked as a technical business analyst for 10 years. She melded her varied work and study experience to enter real estate where she discovered her pass....
Latest Blog Posts
Are You Considering Selling Your Home Without a Real Estate Agent? If you’re considering selling your home without the help of a real estate agent, you need to be aware of the potential risks