There are many financial and non-financial benefits of homeownership, and the greatest financial one is wealth creation. Homeownership has always been the first rung on the ladder that leads to
Renovate vs Selling Your Home
Dated: March 22 2021
Are you having a hard time deciding whether to renovate or sell your home? Here are a couple of things to consider:
- What does your heart say? Think about the memories you’ve made, your relationship with your neighbors, and the location that you are currently.
- What does your budget say? Sit down and figure out if your budget is saying, make your current home work or look for a new one.
- Does your current home have what you consider a serious problem? Maybe you live in a not-so-great school district, maybe you have outgrown your current home, or maybe you just do not get along with your neighbors; if these are the cases, your best answer might be to move.
- How long would a renovation even take? Just, for example, a kitchen remodel involving new countertops, cabinets, appliances, and floors can stretch on for weeks or even months.
- Is the renovation worth the investment? Some renovations manage to only pay back 80 to 90 percent of their costs, while others barely cover half their expenses.
Are you still wondering if you should renovate or sell? I’d love to talk to you and help you figure out what the best option is for you!
Holly understands that buying or selling a home is more than just a transaction: it's a life-changing experience. That's why her team of highly-seasoned real estate professionals is dedicated to provi....